Welcome to the London Soto Zen Group website – Affiliated with the International Zen Association
The London zen group is a small, friendly group of people who meet to practice zazen – the core practice in the Soto Zen tradition.
Silent, seated, selfless, object-less meditation, awakening to our original condition.
Soto Zen offers a quiet, disciplined practice that enables us to express our inherent wisdom, composure, and dignified presence. It encourages practitioners to pay attention to the workings of their own minds and, through the unfolding of selflessness, expand their inherent qualities of generosity, patience, kindness, perseverance, and wisdom.
Established in North London for over 25 years and welcoming newcomers, beginners, experienced and inexperienced, of any gender, sex, race, faith, or orientation
Attend an introduction – There are two per week as listed below in the schedule – they are followed by our scheduled sitting to get you right in to things.
ZOOM details are BELOW
Our expenses exceed £900/month and we rely entirely on donations to keep the lights on 🙂
or consider a monthly contribution.
Our Weekly Schedule:
Arrive 10 minutes before the listed start time. Please be on time.
If you arrive late, please wait till 30 minutes after the start of zazen (at kinhin time) before ringing the bell – we will admit you at the half-way point.
All sessions are 100% drop-in, no need to pre-book 🙂
Please attend an introduction first if you have not previously practised in in the Soto Zen tradition.
- Every weekday morning – Mon-Fri : 7:00am – 8:15am
- Sunday mornings : 9:00am – 10:20am (coffee/tea/chat follows)
- Introductions start at 5:50pm (You don’t have to pre-book)
- Zazen 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Dharma study/discussion group 7:45pm – 9:00pm
- Introductions start at 6:50pm (You don’t have to pre-book)
- Zazen 7:30pm – 8:50pm
- Zazen 6:30pm – 7:05pm
- 7:10pm – Dharma Talk or Training afterwards – Socialising after that!
- INTRODUCTIONS are NOT offered on Friday Evenings – Please attend an introduction first, we may not be able to accommodate beginners on this night.
* Sewing (rakusus/kesas) has once again commenced on Sunday Afternoons – Please contact Lana if you are interested in attending this – it is designed for those who wish to sew for ordination.
*Calligraphy classes will be recommencing in November – stay tuned for more details 🙂
Introductions, Sewing and Calligraphy are NOT OFFERED ONLINE.
Zazen and study group or talks are both online and in person!
Log Link for Zoom:
Click the link above or enter Meeting ID: 344 964 756 Passcode: 987654321