Welcome to the London Soto Zen Group website – Affiliated with the International Zen Association
The London zen group meets regularly to practise zazen – the core practice in the Soto Zen tradition.
The heart of our practice is silent, seated, selfless, object-less meditation (Zazen), awakening to our original condition. Soto Zen offers a quiet, disciplined practice that enables us to express our inherent wisdom and composure. It encourages practitioners to pay attention to the workings of their own minds and, through the unfolding of selflessness, expand their inherent qualities of generosity, patience, kindness, perseverance, and wisdom.
Newcomers, beginners, experienced and inexperienced, of any gender, sex, race, faith, or orientation may join in and participate. Why not come for an introduction?
Latest Covid rules in the dojo
Face coverings are now optional
Please join us if you have:
- been fully vaccinated (or recent negative test) and no covid or cold symptoms
Remember, the Bodhisattva way emphisises care and concern for others
Zazen continues to be held in person AND online , introductions are in person only.
Log Link for Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/344964756?pwd=OUxRQWcwU1ltQzh5SXk4TDdObXFjQT09
Click the link above or enter Meeting ID: 344 964 756 Passcode: 987654321
Our Weekly Schedule:
Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of zazen. (Please read the covid rules first 🙂 )
- Weekdays (M-F): 6:55am – 8:15am
- Sundays: 8:55am – 10:20am (coffee/tea/chat follows)
- Introductions start at 6pm (at the dojo !)
- Zazen 6:30-7:30pm
- Dharma study/discussion group 7:45-9:00pm
- Introductions start at 6:50pm (at the dojo !)
- Zazen 7:30pm t0 8:40pm
- Zazen 6:30 – 7:10
- Dharma Talk, Precept Discussion, or Training afterwards
- Kesa/Rakusu Sewing – Tuesday evenings 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday evening zazen coming soon – with precepts discussion or dharma talk afterwards
This comes to over £850/month :-/
Please help out the dojo, if you are able, by dropping some money in our virtual dāna box after zazen.
or consider a monthly contribution.
CHANT SHEETS/ SUTRAS Download
Please sign up for the mailing list to be notified immediately of any last-minute or scheduling changes