IZAUK sesshin with Mokurei Jan Pearse | 19-22 November 2021
November 19 @ 4:00 pm - November 22 @ 3:00 pm
This will be a 2.5 day sesshin at Sheringham YHA in Norfolk led by Zen Nun, Mokurei Jan Pearse
She received nun ordination in 1996 from Shogen Jean Baby and now follows Mokuho Guy Mercier who she has known since 1993.
Jan is responsible for Hokkai dojo in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, which opened in 1991. She has led several IZAUK sesshins, the first in the late 1990s.
For over 20 years she has been sewing for the sangha, making robes for zazen and samu, zafus, zabutons, oryoki, etcetera.
Arrival: Friday 19th November from 16:00.
Departure: Monday 22nd November from 15:00.
It is possible to stay on Monday night and leave instead on Tuesday morning before 10:00am at no extra cost.
Sheringham Youth Hostel, Cremer’s Drift, Sheringham, Norfolk NR26 8HX
The Youth Hostel is situated off the A149 Coast Road in Sheringham, behind St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church.
The Sheringham Youth Hostel is only a 5 minute walk from the Sheringham Train Station.
Friends of IZAUK – £150
Non-members – £165
Friends of IZAUK – £125
Non-members – £140
Friends of IZAUK – £100
Non-members – £110
A £20 discount will be deducted from these prices if you book before 4th November.
- All participants are required to take a Lateral Flow Test 7 days before the sesshin and another immediately prior to making their journey
- In the event of a positive result, please do not make the journey, and inform the sesshin organiser via email at email@example.com
- Attendees will take another test on the second day of sesshin
- If you have not been fully vaccinated you will need to show a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours before your arrival at sesshin
- All participants will be required to wear masks throughout the sesshin, except during zazen and eating. There will be no exemptions
- Rooms will be well ventilated at all times, so be sure to bring suitable warm clothing
- To keep contact to a minimum, please come prepared to pay your balance on arrival at the sesshin